A Too Early NBA Mock Draft
1. Suns: Deandre Ayton- The Suns have a lot of potential in Devin Booker, but there is some questioning on how long he wants to stay in Phoenix. So, the Suns will go with a player who is NBA ready and can get them on track for the playoffs.
2. Kings: Luka Doncic- Doncic is ready for the NBA. He's played in Europe, and dominated. When the Kings lost Cousins to the Pelicans, they gave up having a star. Getting Doncic is basically getting a star, so Sacramento is all in.
3. Hawks: Marvin Bagley- Marvin Bagley is an all around star, for god sakes. He stood out while playing with other elite players at Duke. The Hawks are a team that can easily make the playoffs, people know that. Throw Bagley in there with Dennis Schroder, and you have yourself a playoff team in the East.
4. Grizzlies: Michael Porter Jr.- While Jackson still is on the board, the Grizzlies have a long time center in Marc Gasol, so the Grizzlies will decide to go with the more fast and agile Porter.
5. Mavericks: Jaren Jackson Jr.- Jackson doesn't plan on going this late in the draft, but he will. He has some shoes to fill, with Nowitzki only getting older. But, he has a lot of potential, and I would bet on seeing him in the all-star game in 5 years time.
6. Magic: Mohamed Bamba- Let's get this straight. Mohamed Bamba is a beast. He would be top 5, but he is so skinny that he can be pushed around by huge guys like Deandre Jordan or Marc Gasol. But, don't sleep on him because he is rumored to be bulking up this summer in order to boost his draft stock.
7. Bulls: Wendell Carter Jr.- While most think the Bulls would go for Trae Young over him, let's remember the last guard who the Bulls put faith into, Derrick Rose. It worked for a little bit, but in the long run, it was a mistake. So, they will go for a guy who can hopefully guard Giannis, Lebron or Miles Turner. Carter will be fine, but I don't expect much of him.
8. Cavaliers: Trae Young- With Kyrie in Boston and the strong chance of Lebron leaving, the Cavs need to look toward the future, which lies in the hands of their new draft pick, Trae Young. Young loves the spotlight, and would get lots of minutes on a team who's best point guard is Jordan Clarkson. I look forward to seeing him play in the NBA.
9. Knicks: Mikal Bridges- Not to be confused with another possible top 10 pick, Miles Bridges, Mikal Bridges fits right in with this team. The Knicks need someone on the wing, and Bridges can provide that, along with some good shooting and solid defense, which will help the Knicks get back to the playoffs for the first time since the 12-13 season.
10. 76ers: Collin Sexton- Sexton also fits well with this team. Him being a point guard in Philadelphia can allow Ben Simmons to develop a better jump shot, which is something everyone knows he needs. With Sexton, the Sixers can go beyond the 2nd round, and maybe win the East (If Lebron goes West).
11. Hornets: Miles Bridges
12. Clippers: Kevin Knox
13. Clippers: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
14. Nuggets: Keita Bates-Diop
15. Wizards: Robert Williams
16. Suns: Brandon McCoy
17. Bucks: Aaron Holiday
18. Spurs: Lonnie Walker IV
19. Hawks: Zhaire Smith
20. Timberwolves: Khyri Thomas
21. Jazz: Mitchell Robinson
22. Bulls: Anfernee Simons
23. Pacers: Moritz Wagner
24. Blazers: Omari Spellman
25. Lakers: Dzanan Musa
26. 76ers: Jalen Brunson
27. Celtics: De'Anthony Melton
28. Warriors: Troy Brown
29. Nets: Donte DiVincenzo
30. Hawks: Landry Shamet